Fall is such a great time of year. The leaves are changing color, the air is a little cooler and crisp, it is a great time to hike or camp, and there is also Halloween.
You may be a lover of Halloween yourself. Many people look forward to dressing up and going to a Halloween party with friends and maybe winning the door prize for best costume.
Kids look forward to Halloween because it is the one day of the year they get to dress up and go out and get tons of candy.
If they go around with siblings or friends, they also get to split up the candy when they are done and almost inevitably will end up with even more of their favorites and get to give their non-favorites to someone who likes them better.
Here are 5 safety tips for you, no matter what age you are, so you can enjoy the holiday!
- Be sure your costume is “flame resistant” if you buy it or that you use flame resistant materials if you are going to make your own costume.
- Make sure people can see you in the dark. Carry a flashlight, wear some reflective tape on your costume or shoes.
- If you are planning to paint your face, test the makeup ahead of time on your arm to make sure you don’t have a reaction before you apply it to your face.
- Don’t eat candy yourself or let your kids eat it until you have inspected the packaging for signs of tamper. If you don’t like the look of the package, throw out the candy.
- In case of a food allergy, check the label to ensure the allergen isn’t present.
Halloween can be a lot of fun if you are safe and careful.
If you are an adult attending a party, be sure that if you plan to drink you have a designated driver. Don’t let your costume or a mask get in the way of you walking or seeing clearly. If you need to travel to a party and you have a complex costume you may want to consider leaving a little extra time to get there and put on parts of your costume when you arrive.
Enjoy your time and stay safe! Don’t eat too much candy at one time😉