It’s that time of year again…for the holidays!
It seems like it was just summer, doesn’t it? The holidays seem to creep up on a lot of people and makes us feel more unprepared for things than at any other time of the year.
Holidays may be something you look forward to, or you may be wishing it was already over.
No matter how you feel about the holidays, we do have some suggestions
to help you keep your stress levels down and your joy up!
- Plan your budget for gifts in advance. Know who you need to shop for and what you expect to spend. Then stick to it! Remember, people are looking for time with you and thoughtfulness behind any gift you give. It doesn’t have to be extravagant to be special.
- Ask guests to contribute a dish to the meal so you are not stuck cooking everything for days and putting in all the expense yourself. This will help you to watch your budget, keep your stress down and your energy up, and will also help your guests feel more comfortable because they were able to contribute to the festivities.
- Plan time to enjoy family and friends, but also plan for some time to relax alone after their visits. It can be loads of fun to spend time with friends and family, but you also may need that time to recoup your energy afterward also.
- Take care of yourself. Eat as healthy as possible, keep to your regular exercise routine when you can, get lots of sleep, drink lots of water to stay hydrated, and try to maintain a normal schedule.
- Put some night lights around the house so guests can be more comfortable if they need to get up in the night, since they are in an unfamiliar place.
Here at John Scott Insurance Agency, we hope you have a wonderful holiday season that is stress free! If we can help you with any of your insurance needs during this time, please let us know. We are here for you!