Summer is in full swing and the Fourth of July is a time we all love to celebrate and have fun with our family and friends. It’s that day that we all get together, maybe go to the beach, grill, have campfires and make s’mores, shoot off fireworks and run around the yard waving sparklers, and maybe even go camping or on a special vacation.
If you are staying home and would like some ideas for some fun family friendly activities, read on!
- Movie Night Outdoors – this is a great idea that everyone will love. You can set up a sheet against the side of your house, have a projector and watch your favorite movies on the “big screen” while cuddling together on blankets and sharing fun snacks.
- Water Park at home – sprinklers and a garden hose are a great way to create a backyard water park.
- Care Package – A great idea to do as a family is to create a care package to send to members of the military. If you reach out to UPS they can provide a list of items to include that various organizations have shared with them.
- Backyard Campout – Set up a tent in your backyard, grill up some food, have a campfire, make s’mores, tell ghost stories, and sleep under the stars.
- Go for a bike ride or hike – If you have local trails this is a great time to get some family time out in the fresh air. Bring your bikes on the trail or go for a hike and to make it more fun you can even turn it into a scavenger hunt by providing each person with a list of items they need to spot on the trail such as certain birds, wildlife, plants, etc. and you can always stop along the way or at the very end for a family picnic.
No matter what you decide to do for Fourth of July, stay safe, have fun and make some great memories with your loved ones! From all of us here at John Scott Insurance Agency to you and your family, we hope you have an amazing day!