Earth day 2021 is right around the corner, on April 22nd.
This annual event has been celebrated all across the world since its beginning in 1970.
Restoring our Earth is something we should do not only because we care about the natural world, but because we live on it.
Here are 17 actions and tips from www.earthday.org that you can do to make a difference:
- Unsubscribe from junk mail and catalogs you don’t need and donate to The Canopy Project to save the trees! For every $1 that is donated, one tree is planted!
- Enjoy spending time outside? Support the Great Global Cleanup and pick up trash while enjoying your outdoor activities. It is a great way to save that plastic bottle cap from the landfill while you are on your morning walk!
- Calculate your personal carbon footprint and make changes to reduce it — it’s something we can all do to help the planet.
- Plastic pollution is one of the most important environmental problems that we face today. Calculate your personal plastic consumption, then use our tips to help break free from single-use plastics!
- Individual and small group cleanups can have a major positive impact on your community. For us to make global change, we must have local action. Organizing your own cleanup? Here are some tips!
- Fight food waste by composting! Learn how you can make a difference right in your own backyard.
- Change your paper bills to online billing. You’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes to deliver your bills by truck.
- Meal prep is one of the biggest ways in which you can help reduce your foodprint. Check out our Foodprints for the Future campaign to see the many other ways you can get involved to help stop food waste.
- Save the butterflies and bees! Help contribute to meaningful scientific research on pollinator populations through the Global Earth Challenge mobile application. It’s as easy as snapping a picture.
- Buy organic food to keep your body and the environment free of toxic pesticides. Support farmers and companies who use organic ingredients.
- How much do you know about the threats that our oceans and marine creatures that call them home face from plastic pollution? Take our quiz and learn more today!
- Reduce your meat consumption to curb carbon emissions from the livestock industry. Learn more about your food’s impact on the environment.
- Try growing your own organic garden!
- Use a reusable water bottle to make a big impact on your plastic consumption:
- Always read labels! Use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products to avoid washing toxic chemicals down the drain!
- Integrate a simple act of green into your daily routine. Take a shorter shower and use a water-saving shower head.
- Save electricity and turn off lights when you leave the room.
Here at John Scott Insurance Agency we are doing what we can to help restore the Earth. We are happy to help you in any way as well. Give us a call if we can support your insurance needs or review your policy to make sure you are protected.