Get ready for game day with this tasty Super Bowl Recipe.
Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner! If you haven’t already planned your menu for the biggest day in football, consider whipping up this tasty Super Bowl recipe. This fun, handheld appetizer is sure to impress all your game day guests!
Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- sesame seeds
- ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon strips but reserve 2 tablespoons of fat in the skillet. Chop bacon.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, then add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Flatten each biscuit round to about ¼ inch thickness. Top each round of dough with cooked ground beef, pickles, mustard, cooked bacon, and cheese. Pinch the edges together to create a ball. (It will look like a dumpling!)
- Place the burger bombs seam side-down on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve with ketchup.
This tasty Super Bowl Recipe is sure to have all your guests cheering “Touchdown!” Are you looking for assistance with your insurance? Don’t hesitate to contact us at John Scott Insurance. Our experienced professionals are ready to assist you with all your coverage needs.