Whip up this delicious picnic recipe this spring.
Now that warm weather is here to stay, it’s the perfect time to enjoy sunny picnics in the park. Hosting or attending a picnic in the near future? Then this avocado-pesto pasta is the perfect way to inject some fresh spring flavor into your event. Trust us; this delicious picnic recipe is sure to impress.
Avocado-Pesto Pasta Salad with Fresh Corn
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 7 oz. basil pesto
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Bring an 8-quart stockpot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile, cook corn in pasta water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; cut kernels off the cob. In a large mixing bowl mix pesto and avocado. Mash lightly using a fork and season with pepper. Toss together with pasta and parsley.
- Serve on large platter. Top with corn and garnish with more parsley.
This delicious picnic recipe is the perfect way to serve up the fresh flavors of spring! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this season? Then don’t hesitate to contact the experts at John Scott Insurance. We are ready to get you the coverage that you need today.