We all know to drive safely, but we don’t always do it. We may be running late and increase our speed to try to get to our destination quicker. Maybe we are having an argument with a family member or friend and our focus is on the conversation we are having on the phone or the texts they are sending us.
If you have children, remember, they watch what you do so you want to model the best driving skills possible so someday, when they are old enough to drive, they know to be safe.
April has been designated “Distracted Driving Awareness Month” due to the united mission of several organizations.
The goal is to put safety first. Then, so you can focus, put texting, arriving on time and other distractions in the back seat so you reach your destination safely.
Here are 7 tips to help drive more carefully:
- Put your phone on car mode if you need to have it on. Otherwise silence it so it doesn’t distract you.
- Have a sober driver in charge when you are going out and know you will be having alcoholic beverages.
- Reduce your speed so that you are not recklessly driving.
- Pull over before you care for crying children.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Read Distracted driving: a safety guide for responsible young drivers to help your teen driver to understand the importance of safety.
- Visit www.nsc.org or www.nhtsa.gov to learn more about the causes of motor vehicle accidents, and how to prevent them.
Here at John Scott Insurance Agency, we hope that everyone takes these tips to heart and drives in the best way possible. We love our customers, and we want to see everyone stay happy and safe.
If there is an accident though, please call us and let us help you through the process. We understand how stressful times can be when something unexpected happens. We are here to help make that process and all that is involved as easy as possible so you can focus on other things.